These are the most significant changes in every Dradis release.
v3.0.0 (Feb 2015)
v2.9.0 (1st of Feb 2012)
- Nessus upload plugin is orders of magnitude faster
- Nikto upload plugin is orders of magnitude faster
- Nmap upload plugin is orders of magnitude faster
- VulnDB import plugin (to support VulnDB HQ integration)
- Updated First Time User's Wizard
- Updated to Rails 3.2
v2.8.0 (10th of Oct 2011)
- Cleaner three-column layout
- Smarter Ajax polling and auto-updating
- New version of the Nmap upload plugin
- New version of the Nessus upload plugin
- ./verify.sh now checks that libxml2 is installed
- Bugs fixed: #17, #31, #37, #43, #48
v2.7.2 (1st of Aug 2011)
- Improved startup scripts
- Bugs fixed: #5, #9, #13, #14, #15, #16, #19, #20
- Update Rails to 3.0.9
v2.7.1 (24th of May 2011)
- Improved note editor: more space, less Ajax
- Bugs fixed: #3, #4, #6, #7, #8, #10
v2.7 (19th of April 2011)
- Improved command line API with Thor (
thor -T to view all commands)
- New Configuration Manager
- New Upload Manager
- New plugins:
- Updated plugins:
- Nessus plugin supports .nessus v2
- Vuln::DB import updated to support the latest release
- Bugs fixed: #2888332, #2973256
- Update Rails to 3.0.6
v2.6.1 (11th of February 2011)
- Fixed a 'back slash' vs 'forward slash' issue in start.sh
- Smarten up verify.sh to find the Bundler binary
- Deal with Burp Scanner's opinionated handling of null bytes
- SSL certificate updated for 2011 / 2012
- Updated libraries RedCloth 4.2.6 and Rails 3.0.4
v2.6 (2nd of December 2010)
- New first-time repository content
- Upgraded libraries: ExtJS 3.3, Rails 3.0.3
- Improved performance through asset caching
- Bugs fixed: #3021312, #3030629, #3076709
v2.5.2 (18th of May 2010)
v2.5.1 (7th of March 2010)
- Various improvements in the NotesBrowser
- Upgraded library: ExtJS 3.1.1
- Bugs fixed: #2964273, #2932569, #2963253
v2.5.0 (5th of February 2010)
- Improved Note editor: bigger, easier to use and supports formatting!
- New First Time User Wizard
- Keep track of all the activity with the built-in RSS feed
- Plugin improvements
- New HTML Export reporting plugin.
- New Burp Upload plugin so you can use Burp Scanner output.
- New Nikto Upload plugin to use your Nikto scan results.
- Upgraded libraries: ExtJS 3.0, Rails 2.3.5
- Bugs fixed: #2936554, #2938593.
v2.4.1 (31st of October 2009)
- Bugs fixed: #2881746, #2888245, #2889402.
v2.4 (10th of September 2009)
- Plugin improvements
- Upload plugins. Better progress feedback. Improved error condition checking.
- Note drag'n'drop.
- New handy Rake tasks:
- dradis:reset: When you are done with your project,
use this task to start over. It clears the database and removes the
- dradis:backup: If you want to create a backup of
your current project, this is the right task for it.
v2.3 (5th of August 2009)
- upload plugins. A new server plugin category: import into Dradis the contents of any file (nmap, nessus, etc.).
- refactor the WordExport plugin:
- create templates using Word only
- convert any document into a Dradis template in < 10 minutes
- project management plugin update:
- create project templates for future re-use (read methodologies)
- export project in .zip format (DB + attachments)
- import projects/templates
- checkout / commit project revisions from and to the meta-server
- enhanced nodes tree: filtering and quick actions buttons
- new import extensions: Nessus and Qualys
Introducing the Meta-Server (beta) component:
- for multi-project management
- download the Meta-Server as a separate package from: http://dradisframework.org/
v2.2 (11th of June 2009)
- add attachments to nodes
- add 'refresh' buttons to the tree and the notes list
- force 'webrick' even if mongrel is installed (no SSL support in mongrel)
- centralise the framework version information.
- autoExpandColumn now works on IE
- Rails runs in "production" mode
- Dradis can be used with wxRuby 2.0.0
- better error handling for REST web service communication errors
- easier REST credentials configuration in ./conf/dradis.xml
v2.1.1 (17th of April 2009)
- the version string was not properly updated across the different modules.
v2.1 (16th of April 2009)
- import/export plugin architecture
- import/export plugin generators
- sample WordXML export plugin
- sample WikiMedia import plugin
- import extention allows nmap output imports
- import note from plain text file
- more powerful add extension: add a note from the console
Dradis v2.0.1 (23rd of February 2009)
- smart command line parsing. The console client accepts multi-word parameters using quotes
- *add* extension allows adding nodes and categories
- add parameter description support to the extensions
- close bug 2572271: ruby 1.8.7 compatibility fix for wxWidgets interface
- first security patch
- minor bug fixes
Dradis v2.0 (29th of January 2009)
- Forget Hosts, Services and Protocols. Embrace the freedom of Nodes.
- Forget SOAP, embrace REST
- Powered by Rails 2.0 and ExtJS 2.2 (http://www.extjs.com/)
- Now with security! (SSL transport and user authentication)
- adapt the wxWidgets client to the new node-note structure of the server.
- forget SOAP, embrace REST web services to talk to the server.
- refactor of the *modules* component, now *extensions*.
- john's string encoding extension is built-in the Dradis client.
- the first building blocks of the service-oriented multiverse architecture
have been laid out.