Today we have pushed a new version of Dradis Professional Edition: Dradis Pro v1.8.
This is a shorter release cycle than usual, but we are publishing some significant improvements that we couldn’t wait to share. This is tied to the ideas on product quality we shared a few days ago. Expect a big push of improvements and fixes over the coming weeks.
- Fine-grained project permissions (read more)
- New Export Manager interface (see below)
- Bugs fixed and enhancements:
- Updated to Rails 3.2.14
- Fix attachment preview scale in Firefox
- Assign name to screenshot when using Ctrl+v to upload
- Fix project import/export to work with Issues/Evidence
- More reliable MediaWiki import (#17)
- Give more room to every text editor window (#9)
- Keep the alphabetical sort after errors in the issue list (#2)
- Fix issues rendering problem in New Notes tab (#6)
The new Export Manager
The Export Manager was one of the modules that needed a refresh after the important changes we pushed in v1.7 (read v1.7 release notes).
Before, there was no easy way to export the same project into the different formats we supported (like HTML or Word), this was because you’d have to assign your notes to different categories depending on what export plugin you wanted to use.
This is no longer the case. With the new Export Manager you can export into any format from a single screen:
First you choose what export plugin you want to use. If the plugin provides different options as the Advanced Word Export plugin or the Project export plugin do you can select which one you want at this stage.
Next you choose the template you want to use, click on Export and you are ready to go:
This is great for people that have different templates for different project types (e.g. Application vs. Infrastructure templates; Wireless Assessment template; etc.). It also lets you create and test a new template while the team is still using the current version.
The new Export Manager is more flexible and powerful than any of the alternatives we had before, we hope you enjoy it!
Still not a Dradis Pro user?
These are some of the benefits you are missing out:
- Spend less time writing reports.
- Merge the output from different tools into a single report.
- Use testing methodologies to guide your testing.
- Everyone on the same page: work towards a common goal.
- Pro is reliable, up-to-date and with comes with quality support
Read more about Dradis Pro’s time-saving features.